Search Alaska or Canada
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 855 465 1001
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Ultima Thule Lodge
Departs from Chitina or McCarthy: Sunday Tour Code: 5 Day / 4 Night – UTL4NP
All pricing is in USD$
5 days / 4 nights
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 855 465 1001
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Or send a message
Ultima Thule, defined as ‘the land remote beyond reckoning,’ was built to indulge creature comforts and overwhelm the senses to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences. The Lodge offers private cabins, a library, sauna and hot tub, plus activities like safari flight adventures, glacier picnics, fishing and yoga.
Itinerary at a Glance
Ultima Thule, defined as ‘the land remote beyond reckoning,’ was built from the realization that indulging creature comforts and overwhelming the senses are ideal ingredients for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. This unique and timeless Lodge has adopted a style of “no roughing it” luxury that only enhances the already indescribable setting. Yet the lodge is simply the basecamp in a place where adventure is not dictated by itineraries.
Each day, the weather is considered, and safari flight adventures begin. The light bush airplanes are specifically designed to access off the beaten path places while ensuring minimal impact to the natural world and a heightened level of personal experience. Guests find themselves in a world removed from civilization and the press of humanity while stopping for lunch in the middle of the largest (non-polar) glacier on earth; on top of a high alpine plateau to walk among arctic flowers and sample wild berries; next to a salmon stream fishing alongside grizzly bears, or soaring among 14 - 18,000 foot peaks along the way to the Pacific coastline to watch 1000 year old glacier ice crash into the surf.
During all this grandeur, the thing that makes Ultima Thule truly special is the authenticity experienced on a human level. Here guests are welcomed into the daily lives of the Claus’s – A family living the dream of wilderness adventure and stewardship in a land that truly is beyond.
Ultima Thule Lodge offers a library, yoga and stretching areas, multi-level decks with furniture, flower gardens and quiet spaces, fire pits, cedar sauna, wood-fired hot tub, massage and meditation house, and an open kitchen with dining room. The lodge holds a maximum of 12 guests. There are 5 private cabins, each with elegant Craftsman furniture, stained glass windows, a cherry writing desk, and plush leather furniture. Each cabin has a unique arrangement, some with two bedrooms, one room boasting an over-stuffed king size feather bed, a full bathroom and an amply furnished sitting room with amazing views of the Chitina River and surrounding mountains.
There is no day to day itinerary at Ultima Thule Lodge, however daily flight safari adventures are all included. The options for the day will discussed with clients daily. Four days of flying and wilderness adventures are included. The adventures could include hiking, rafting, visiting the coast, fishing, flight seeing, and historic discovery. Guests will be met at the airplane at the McCarthy airstrip at 4.00pm and arrive around 4.30pm.Guests will depart the lodge at 10.00am for a final flight safari. Your experience concludes at the McCarthy airstrip by 3.30pm.
- 4 night accommodation at Ultima Thule Lodge (Cabin)
- Flights between McCarthy and the lodge
- Alaskan gourmet meals and cuisine, served fresh, wild and locally harvested
- Complimentary selection of house wines and local Alaskan craft beers
- Unlimited access to cedar sauna, wood-fired hot tub and self-spa
- Light laundry service
- Senior level guides and any neccessary equipment/gear (groups of 2 or more traveling together always have the option for private adventures and guides each day)
- Daily full day bush plane flights and Safari Adventures
- Tailor made, unique adventures each day with the option of a private guide for every group
- Gratuities (recommended amount of 8-15% of package total)
- Personal expenses and purchases
- Fishing license
- Additional alcohol / special requests / add-ons (cannot purchase additional alcohol at the lodge, but guests can bring their own spirits)
- Transfers from any location outside of McCarthy
- Special dietary restrictions (menu accommodates vegetarians & guests with serious allergies only)
- Wireless internet ($25.00 / 1GIG)