Luxury Lodges of Alaska Adventure Package
Experience two of the top luxury lodges in Alaska – Stillpoint Lodge and Sheldon Chalet – on this 10 day circle tour from Anchorage.
Discover diverse landscapes and stunning wildlife on a full day tour of Prince William Sound by seaplane, then arrive to Stillpoint Lodge and go bear viewing in Katmai National Park.
Boarding a helicopter up to Sheldon Chalet, you'll discover an engineering marvel.
Located just 10 miles from Denali's summit, it offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to trek across glaciers and watch the dance of the northern lights.
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1 Anchorage | Arrival Upon arrival in Anchorage you will be met at the aircraft’s door and transferred by private vehicle to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy the sights of this vibrant and unique city on the edge of Alaskan wilderness. Between parks, trails and unique settings, there are plenty of opportunities for exploring if you choose.
Day 2 Full Day Private Flightseeing Kenai & Prince William Sound Soar above the face of a 3,000 ft. thick glacier and view some of Alaska’s most rugged mountain peaks on this full day adventure in Prince William Sound. Leaving Anchorage by seaplane, ascend the Skilak Glacier and tour Alaska’s largest icefield, the Harding Icefield, on the way to Kenai Fjords National Park. En route to Prince William Sound, explore the rugged coastline of the Gulf of Alaska. Once within the sheltered waterways of the sound, your pilot will look for a secluded spot for you to enjoy a shoreside picnic lunch. Continuing in the further reaches of Prince William Sound, take in the scenery of tidewater glaciers, mountains and wildlife like black bears, sheep and goats. College Fjord is but one option. If weather permits, land again in the sheltered waterways and taxi up close to tidal glaciers where you can “hear” them move and gaze at their brilliant blue hues.
Day 3 Anchorage to Stillpoint Lodge | Private Transfer + Water Taxi This morning meet your private driver guide for a day touring Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula. Travel along the turquoise Kenai River, a world-class salmon fishing area, and continue to Homer with opportunities to stop in historic villages & take photos along the Cook Inlet coastline. Homer is positioned at the end of the Sterling Highway on a 4.5-mile long stretch into Kachemak Bay – the furthest west you can drive in the Americas. Upon arrival in Homer, transfer via water taxi to your wilderness lodge. If you’re searching for raw and unspoiled wild but still wish for the luxuries of civilization, Stillpoint Lodge in Halibut Cove is the place for you.
Day 4 Stillpoint Lodge | Alaska Brown Bear (Grizzly Bear) Viewing Take off from the lodge dock via float plane and fly across Cook Inlet to the Alaska Peninsula, home to the largest brown bear population in the world. You will land in a remote mountain lake or river in either Lake Clark National Park or Katmai National Park. Includes gear, lunch and incredible flight seeing en-route.
Day 5 Stillpoint Lodge to Talkeetna | Private Transfer This morning we have planned a guided kayak tour of Halibut Cove, then a midday return to Homer for your private transfer back through Anchorage to Talkeetna. Drive north on the Seward Highway towards scenic Turnagain Arm, a body of water featuring the world’s second highest tides at over 30 feet. Keep an eye out for Beluga whales chasing salmon in the bay or Dall sheep along the highway. Continue on through Anchorage and the agricultural region of the Matanuska-Susitna Valley, to the small, picturesque town of Talkeetna. Talkeetna serves as a base camp for Mt. Denali climbers; the community of 857 residents is located at the confluence of the Talkeetna and Susitna Rivers. A turn-of-the-20th-century gold-mining centre, the town has retained much of its early Alaskan flavour.
Day 6 Talkeetna to Denali | Sheldon Chalet | Helicopter Depart Talkeetna for your 35-minute scenic helicopter ride to Sheldon Chalet, arriving around 2.00pm. An engineering marvel located just 10 miles from Denali’s summit, Sheldon Chalet features five guest rooms, a living and dining area, an observation deck and a sauna. Step on to the deck and marvel at the majestic surroundings before coming inside for champagne and a freshly prepared sampling of Alaskan Seafood. Meet your staff and discuss adventure options during your stay with our world class guides. Settle in and let the peace and solitude overtake you. (Dinner included today)
Day 7 Denali | Sheldon Chalet Awake to the sunrise shining on the summit of Denali. Enjoy a cozy cup of coffee as you marvel at the way the light changes the landscape moment by moment. Breakfast is served. Choose one adventure today and another tomorrow such as rappelling, rock or ice climbing, glacier trekking, gourmet glacier picnicking, crevasse exploring or sledding. Enjoy a late afternoon cocktail and delectable hors d’oeuvres on the observation deck then dine on a beautiful gourmet dinner while you watch the sun set on Denali. Spend the evening on the deck around a fire, stargazing or relaxing in the sauna. (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included today)
Day 8 Denali | Sheldon Chalet Welcome the majesty of the amphitheater into your morning as it draws you into quiet reflection. Another warm delicious breakfast is prepared just for you. Choose an informative book on the area to read from our library or trek to the historic Sheldon Mountain House for stories of Denali. Enjoy another activity of choice then return to a mouth watering dinner. Come evening, relax in the sauna or watch the stars sparkle above the amphitheater on the observation deck. (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included today)
Day 9 Sheldon Chalet to Anchorage | Helicopter Watch the sunrise hit the snow-covered Alaska Range from your bed. Leisurely breakfast on locally sourced Alaskan fare as you say your farewells and prepare to depart the Sheldon Nunatak. Depart between 11.00am-12.00pm for the 1.15-hour helicopter ride back to Anchorage. Transfer by private vehicle (included) to your hotel and spend the remainder of the day at leisure. (Breakfast included today)
Day 10 Anchorage | Departure Today marks the end of your incredible Alaskan adventure, and we’ve capped it off with a private transfer to Anchorage Airport.
Sheldon Chalet accommodation for 3 nights with the following Inclusions:
- Exclusive use of Lodge
- Gourmet meals and all beverages (including alcohol)
- A variety of activities including local and natural history lessons, glacier treks, gourmet glacier picnic, rappelling, rock climbing, crevasse exploration, sledding, snow cavern spelunking
- Return helicopter transportation between Anchorage & Talkeetna to Sheldon Chalet
- Staff - chef, concierge, and two adventure guides
- Outdoor apparel - parka, waterproof shell, pants, boots & gloves
- Use of adventure gear - trekking skis or snowshoes and poles & helmets
- Staff gratuities
Stillpoint Lodge accommodation for 2 nights with following inclusions:
- All meals with select wine, local craft beers and house cocktails
- One massage per person per package
- Yoga, fitness and mindfulness classes
- Fly-out Alaska Brown Bear (Grizzly Bear) Viewing
- Kayaking and paddle boarding from the dock
- Unlimited use of specialty equipment and adventure gear
- Use of specialty adventure equipment including rain gear, rubber boots
- 3 nights accommodation in Anchorage
- 1 night accommodation in Talkeetna
- Private transfer to Anchorage Airport from Hotel
- Meet and greet at the plane with transfer to hotel
Private Flightseeing to Kenai Fjords & Prince William Sound with inclusions:
- Your own Pilot and Seaplane for the day (6 hours)
- Gourmet Picnic lunch
- Sheltered water landings close to Glaciers (Weather Permitting)
- Private return transfers to seaplane terminal
- Private transfer Anchorage to Homer and back to Talkeetna
- Water taxi Homer to Stillpoint Lodge
Hotel & Rail Information | Deluxe Grade:
- Anchorage - Hotel Captain Cook | Deluxe Room
- Halibut Cove Kenai - Stillpoint Lodge | One Bedroom Private Cabin or Two Bedroom Private Cabin for Triple & Quad Rates
- Talkeetna - Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge | Guest Lodge Room
- Denali National Park - Sheldon Chalet | Exclusive use of Lodge
Information Required at Time of Booking:
- Passengers names as per passport
- Dietary requirements
Sheldon Chalet Luggage Policy
- Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 40lbs per person (includes one airline approved size soft-sided bag & one personal bag)
- Bottles of premium wines at Sheldon Chalet & Stillpoint Lodge
- Activities and meals other than specified
- Gratuities at Stillpoint Lodge
- Fish processing and cleaning at Stillpoint Lodge
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Arrange a call with an Alaska Travel Designer and bring your vacation to Alaska one step closer!
DATES & PRICING
Departs from Anchorage: Daily (Tour Code: MPANC38)
23 May - 06 Sep, 2021
1 of 1
All arrangements for our travel throughout Alaska were fabulous! The ease of booking and payment was very much appreciated as we were very late planning our itinerary. We would not have had such a wonderful experience without the assistance of Jennifer and the girls at Alaska By Design. Thank you!
Ann McKinnon Australia
Luxury Lodges of Alaska Adventure Package
Start planning your tailor-made rail vacation in Alaska by contacting our Alaska specialists
Call 1 855 465 1001
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm Saturday 8.30am - 4pm Sunday 9am - 5:30pm (Pacific Standard Time)
Send an email email@example.com