Sheldon Chalet Ultimate Mountain Adventure
Sheldon Chalet located in the depths of Alaska’s famous Denali National Park, this luxury lodge and engineering marvel.
Situated on a nunatak just 10 miles from Denali's summit, this lavish mountain resort can only be accessed by light-aircraft from Talkeetna, where you’ll enjoy panoramic views of the Alaska range as you ascend to your destination.
The flight alone grants a true sense of amazement, a feeling complimented by the warm service, unique activities and gourmet meals of the lodge itself.
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1 Anchorage | Arrival Upon arrival in Anchorage you will be met at the aircraft’s door and transferred by private vehicle to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy the sights of this vibrant and unique city on the edge of Alaskan wilderness. Between parks, trails and unique settings, there are plenty of opportunities for exploring if you choose. The quaint log cabin visitor center is a good place to start.
Day 2 Anchorage to Talkeetna | Alaska Railroad | Jet Boat Tour Depart early on the Denali Star Train by Goldstar Railcar to Talkeetna, best known as base camp for climbers attempting Mount Denali and for the stunning views of this famous mountain. Take a stroll down the main street for river views, local brews and great eats. This afternoon, embark on a 2 hour jet boat tour. Stand in the splendor of Denali and the great Alaska Range from a spectacular vantage point on the Susitna River! The folklore, artifacts and a panoramic view of Denali in the Alaska Range combine to make this an unforgettable and unique Alaskan river adventure. (Breakfast is included onboard the train today)
Day 3 Talkeetna to Sheldon Chalet | Helicopter Depart Talkeetna for your 35-minute scenic helicopter ride to Sheldon Chalet, arriving around 2.00pm. An engineering marvel located just 10 miles from Denali’s summit, Sheldon Chalet features five guest rooms, a living and dining area, an observation deck and a sauna. Step on to the deck and marvel at the majestic surroundings before coming inside for champagne and a freshly prepared sampling of Alaskan Seafood. Meet your staff and discuss adventure options during your stay with our world class guides. Settle in and let the peace and solitude overtake you. (Dinner included today)
Day 4 Denali | Sheldon Chalet Awake to the sunrise shining on the summit of Denali. Enjoy a cozy cup of coffee as you marvel at the way the light changes the landscape moment by moment. Breakfast is served. Choose one adventure today and another tomorrow such as rappelling, rock or ice climbing, glacier trekking, gourmet glacier picnicking, crevasse exploring or sledding. Enjoy a late afternoon cocktail and delectable hors d’oeuvres on the observation deck then dine on a beautiful gourmet dinner while you watch the sun set on Denali. Spend the evening on the deck around a fire, stargazing or relaxing in the sauna. (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included today)
Day 5 Denali | Sheldon Chalet Welcome the majesty of the amphitheater into your morning as it draws you into quiet reflection. Another warm delicious breakfast is prepared just for you. Choose an informative book on the area to read from our library or trek to the historic Sheldon Mountain House for stories of Denali. Enjoy another activity of choice then return to a mouth watering dinner. Come evening, relax in the sauna or watch the stars sparkle above the amphitheater on the observation deck. (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included today)
Day 6 Sheldon Chalet to Anchorage | Helicopter Watch the sunrise hit the snow-covered Alaska Range from your bed. Leisurely breakfast on locally sourced Alaskan fare as you say your farewells and prepare to depart the Sheldon Nunatak. Depart between 11.00am-12.00pm for the 1.15-hour helicopter ride back to Anchorage. Transfer by private vehicle (included) to your hotel and spend the remainder of the day at leisure. (Breakfast included today)
Day 7 Depart Anchorage Today marks the end of your incredible Alaskan adventure, and we’ve capped it off with a private transfer to Anchorage Airport.
- 2 nights accommodation in Anchorage
- 1 night accommodation in Talkeetna
- 3 nights accommodation in Denali at Sheldon Chalet
Sheldon Chalet Inclusions:
- Exclusive use of Lodge
- Guided glacier adventures
- Return helicopter transportation between Anchorage or Talkeetna and Sheldon Chalet
- Staff - chef, concierge, and two adventure guides
- Gourmet meals and all beverages (including alcohol)
- Premium wine pairings with dinner (1 glass per food pairing)
- Outdoor apparel rental package - parka, waterproof shell, pants, boots, gloves
- Use of adventure gear - trekking skis or snowshoes and poles, harnesses and helmets
- A variety of activities including local and natural history lessons, glacier treks, gourmet glacier picnic, rappelling, rock climbing, crevasse exploration, sledding, snow cavern spelunking
- Staff gratuities
- Meet and greet at the plane
- Private transfers between Anchorage airport, downtown, helipad
- Alaska Railroad - Anchorage to Talkeetna Goldstar Service
(Dome car seating, private outdoor viewing deck & meals included onboard train)
- Wilderness Excursion Jet Boat Tour
- Meals as per Itinerary
Hotel & Rail Information | Deluxe Grade:
- Anchorage - Hotel Captain Cook | Deluxe Room
- Talkeetna - Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge | Main Lodge Mountainside Room
- Denali National Park - Sheldon Chalet | Exclusive use of Lodge
Information Required at Time of Booking:
- Passengers names as per passport
- Dietary requirements
Alaska Railroad | Goldstar All our itineraries except the Glacier Discovery Train includes Gold Star Dome Service. These railcars feature large curved glass windows that run the full length of the car, allowing excellent 360 degree viewing plus a private outdoor viewing deck. The service is inclusive of all meals that are served in the lower level dining room.
Sheldon Chalet Luggage Policy
- Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 40lbs per person (includes one airline approved size soft-sided bag & one personal bag)
- Bottles of premium wines at Sheldon Chalet
- Activities and meals other than specified
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Arrange a call with an Alaska Travel Designer and bring your vacation to Alaska one step closer!
DATES & PRICING
Departs from Anchorage: Daily (Tour Code: MPANC17)
14 May - 14 Sep, 2021
Sheldon Chalet Ultimate Mountain Adventure
Start planning your tailor-made rail vacation in Alaska by contacting our Alaska specialists
Call 1 855 465 1001
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm Saturday 8.30am - 4pm Sunday 9am - 5:30pm (Pacific Standard Time)
Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org